From: DLAUDERDALE@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 08:57:10 -0600
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Implementaton Plan to go from Uncontrolled to Controlled Warehouse

Jeff,

Thank you for the information, it was helpful. We have considered most of these, but you gave us some additional things to consider. Do you have any suggestions on how to handle backflushing of controlled floorstock items that can be in multiple locations? We have around 100 items that are used on multiple products and we are currently stocking these components at the production location. In most of our situations, using the backflushing from the default location will work, but not here. If it was only 1 or 2 items per production order this would not be a problem, but we have some situations where a fairly large number of items are controlled floorstock and we don't want to have to enter each IP individually. Does this make sense?

David