Key a number into the field in PL (like 10.25) then take the option to get the SL request. Should show syntax of field with the value. Also SL Guide is very good.
Robert Russell | System i Product Development | Infor | office: 678.319.8277 | mobile: 678.735.2386 | robert.russell@xxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----
From: Otto Meyn [mailto:meyno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 04:17 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Re System-Link

I'm using PowerLink to create my XML, copy & past into a CL program, which is used inside the MSG of an ADDMSGD command.

The CL then calls a RPGLE to Pars and initializes the SystemLink request.

My Wrapper then logs on read my file to update powerLink then Logs off.

My problem is passed a decimal (10.3) from my file into the MSG of ADDMSGD command. An integer appears to be NO problem.

The MSG via XML appears to accept Alpha data only (CDATA).

SO, can I use a value with decimal(s) OR do they always need to be converted to an ALPHA field being careful to position the decimal in the correct character position.