I have views that contain ONLY Item rev data, but did not migrate. An incidents(s) have been recorded.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dale Gindlesperger
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 3:29 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] R9 Migration to Client

I believe that they come over OK if the views and such are based on Item Revision, but they are not migrated if you use Item.  Infor wants us to quit using Item Master and use Item Revision for all the PowerLink work.  Check out KB 1043095 for full detail, but here's a summary:

Views migrated to R9 that contained attributes from Item Master will be dropped if EPDM is installed

In R9, views over Item Warehouse cannot include attributes from the Item Master, even though they have a many-to-one relationship.
This is because of full EPDM enablment (R9). Even though item is considered part of the query scope in R9 (because of the many-to-1 relationship) the availability of the item master attributes is conditioned to be available only when PDM+ is installed.  And in R9, when EPDM is installed, PDM+ is assumed to not be installed ... per the Application window. Views migrated from a previous release will not contain the item master attributes.

Resolution
Users will need to update their views to contain the equivalent attributes from the Item Revision file.  The views should then use the data from the current item revision.

If you are planning an R9.1 upgrade, I would strongly recommend going through all your custom stuff and change any use of Item to use Item Revision prior to doing the upgrade.

Dale (Cork) Gindlesperger, CPIM
Click here for my professional profile on LinkedIn

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

A Pessimist Sees The Difficulty in Every Opportunity; An Optimist Sees The Opportunity in Every Difficulty; An Analyst Sees How to Achieve the Opportunity!