Charlie,

I am in the process of converting to 9.0. I started before the 9.1 was
supported by the migration programs. I hope to go live in a few weeks. From
what I could tell 9.1 was primarily a ION stepping stone, with a huge
prerequisite related to currencies.

I can't talk to the KBC issue as we don't have it, so it was not in my
research.

I like the Power architecture, but as always, I underestimated what it
would take to convert to get everything over to the new box.

The power needed to run all the new services should drive you to a new box,
not to mention user needs. I was very happy with the price of the new box
- I think you and I have the same source for hardware.

Despite all the uncertainty I face regarding the future of MAPICS at my
facility, I pushed hard for 9 and would not settle for 7.8 that a sister
plant went to. I suggest you do the same, push for the latest, stabel
release!

Best of luck...james

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Schisler, Charlie