Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

From: Charles Hood <charles.hood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 01/27/2012 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Item Line File - Powerlink Rel 9
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Suanne and Kevin,

At first, I also read Suanne's post as referring to the "C.O. Line
Items" object, but then I realized that Suanne is most likely
referring to the "Item Lines" object that is part of the Repetitive
("REP") application. In Power-Link, objects for the Repetitive
application can be found on the "Rate Based" tab under the main
"Production" tab.

The Repetitive application is not yet part of IDF level 2, so the
files which belong to the REP application (like the "Item Lines" file)
are not maintainable in Powerlink IDF level 2. Right now REP is
"look, but don't touch!" in IDF level 2.

I definitely do not want to speak for Ross Freeman or for Infor, but
my understanding is that Infor does plan on bringing REP into IDF
level 2. In order to do that, REP will surely undergo something of a
re-write, analogous to the really wonderful things which happened to
ISL/MISL when they became transformed into the R9 "Material Logistics"
application. I have always liked ISL and MISL, but the re-write they
underwent to become the R9 IDF Level 2 "Material Logistics"
application was a great transformation! I believe the same thing will
happen to REP.

In the meantime, if you really want to be able to create and copy REP
ITMLIN records in Power-Link, you could set up your own custom "Item
Line" and "Component Line" objects in Enterprise Integrator and link
them as "Parent-Child" objects. I don't recommend this, because you
would have to be extremely careful to code for all the edit-checking
which the Green-Screen/IDF Level 1 "Work with Item Line Definitions"
and "Work with Component/Line Definitions" screens perform. There is
a LOT of edit checking in the XA code! You definitely do not want to
have corrupt data in your REP database.

Suanne - I hope this answers your question. If you were referring to
the "C.O. Line Items" object after all, then Kevin's reply should
answer your question.

Charles Hood | Sr. Programmer/Analyst | Information Systems Engineering,
Inc. | P.O. Box 121 |Oconomowoc, WI  53066 | www.ise-erp.com
office 803.648.6110 |cell 803.295.8213 | fax 262.567.6588

Infor Gold Partner
For the latest information please visit the System i microsite
www.infor.com/systemi