Ricky,

A very recent enhancement to R9 (and R7.8) may help you integrate the XA pre- and post-backup processing with your nightly BRMS backups.

PTF SH42617690 (for R9) and SH42617678 (for R7.8) was recently released. This PTF adds a new user command (XABCKPRC) to XA which allows you run the pre-backup and/or the post-backup XA processes (for one or multiple XA environments) outside of the actual XA backup process.

You should be able to use BRMS to do your nightly backups, and the XABCKPRC command to "clean-up" your XA environment(s), to accomplish what you are wanting to do.

Regards,

Jim Griesser

Here's a copy of the SH42176xx cover letter...

SH42617: This is an enhancement to ERP XA CAS.

A new user command (XABCKPRC) and programs have been created to
execute the pre- and post- XA file backup tasks separate from the
actual ERP XA file backup. The new command, programs, and
associated messages will reside in AMCESLIB (the Cross
Environment Program Library). The XABCKPRC command allows
execution of the pre- or post- file backup tasks (or both) for
either a single ERP XA environment, a list (maximum of 36) of XA
environments, or all ERP XA environments on the iSeries sever.

The user may choose to run the pre/post file backup processes
interactively (in which case multiple XA environments are
processed sequentially) or in batch mode. If run in batch mode
and the JobQ selected allows multiple jobs to execute
concurrently then multiple XA environments are processed
concurrently (in parallel). The user may optionally specify a
Job Description (default *USER) and pre- and post- commands (to
run before the pre-backup tasks run and after the post-backup
tasks).

Process status and error messages are sent to a Message Queue
chosen by the user and optionally to the QSYSOPR Message Queue.
A "Maximum Number of Minutes" to allocate for the completion of
all pre/post file backup processes for the chosen environments
(99 minutes is "no maximum") may be specified. At the end of
the allotted time the job, if it has not yet completed, is ended
and a message is sent to the Message Queue of the status of each
environment (ie completed, occurred, did not respond within the
allocated time).

If any of the processes terminate abnormally the environments
are not left in dedicated mode.

James Griesser| XA Product Development DG | Infor| office: 678-319-8673 | James.Griesser@xxxxxxxxx