From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stoltz, Claude
(BW-STL)
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 4:14 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] AS/400 Locale

Doug,

Jeff and Roger are correct with the information they provided. We have
accomplished this as we have several UK XA environments on a US based
iSeries. Or you can make three modifications to execute in a UK
environment to manage this difference and to be able to run applications
in European dates format.

The details are:
1) AXZPRD program needs to be modified to use European dates
2) Each UK user profile executes a specific initial program that changes
the job date format as DMY (day/month/year)
3) Y2DTFMA data area has been changed as DMY

Unfortunately these three changes are not enough to cover all XA
applications, because some of them still use the system date format, as
order entry application that calls AMZCPU5C program that could end
abnormally. You could change AMZCPU5C program in order to manage *JOB
date format instead of *SYSTEM date format. For the client
applications, using a terminal server may be the best way as you should
be able to set the server configuration for Euro date formatting. If
you have any other question, feel free to contact me offline.

Claude Stoltz
Manager of Enterprise Applications
Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc.
claude.stoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx