From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Wenzloff
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:39 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: [MAPICS-L] Infor audit ??

Is anyone else being asked to load software on their system for an Infor audit ???
I'm not very eager to do that.... who knows what their audit software does.
SOX procedures frown on promoting untested unknown software.

Here is the text of the email:

Thank you for spending time with me to discuss the audit of your system.

The audit is carried out using our SmartAudit software. Please go to our website http://www.infor.com/company/licensemanagement/ where you will find information on our company, details of how our software works, answers to Frequently Asked Questions, plus access to our secure site where you will be able to download the actual software and instructions. Should you wish to go directly to the secure site please go to: http://download.infor.com/.

When you go to our secure site you will need to enter the user name and password above. Please keep a record of these as you may require them later in the audit cycle.

The load and run process will take approx 15 minutes depending on the number of systems you have to audit. Please configure SmartAudit to include all systems including development, test and disaster recovery as well as live and production systems. Instructions are available on the website; you can read online or download them to print out.

At the end of the first day, you will need to email a day1.zip file to us at audits@xxxxxxxxxx

I will call you in the next few days to see if you have any questions; in the meantime please do not hesitate to call me.

If you have any technical questions relating to the installation of SmartAudit, please either e-mail our Technical Support team at tech@xxxxxxxxx or call our Technical Support Helpline on +44 (0)121 615 8080.

Yours sincerely,

Jas Paddam | Audit Coordinator | Licence Management | Infor | office +44 (0)1732 879322 | fax +44 (0)1732 879301 | Technical Support Helpline +44 (0)121 615 8080