We have two R7.7 environments running on a Windows 2008 terminal server.
Each environment has its own icon to get into the environment. One
environment (PI) is for the parent company in the U.S. and the other
environment (PL) is for a subsidiary in Italy. We are using Translation
Overlay Tables (TOT) for the PL environment to change the language to
Italian.

Unfortunately when starting PowerLink; both systems default to
Language=English. The Italian folks can select ITALIAN from the drop
down menu on the PowerLink Logon Screen; but they would like it to
default to Italian. The setting for the default language is supposedly
based of the "Regional and Language" settings of the Windows terminal
Server.

Infor says the only way we can control this is by setting the Windows
options. The problem with this is that it is then global to everyone
using the Terminal Server.

Does anyone know if this default language can be controlled via a Java
file setting? This way we can control the default based on a Java
control file or something. We have looked at quite a few of the Java
files associated with the environments; there are a lot of files which
are unique to each XA environment.

Claude Stoltz
Manager of Enterprise Applications
Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc.