message: 1

date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:13:13 -0500

from: "Dave L. Weiland" <dweiland@xxxxxxxxx>

subject: [MAPICS-L] queue time after operations

What is the easiest way to schedule queue time AFTER operations? For
example, our weldments go from weld to paint, then are consumed by another
job at sub assembly. We do not record paint labor, but I would like to
schedule 3 days of queue time after the weld is completed for paint to be
applied and cured before subassembly needs the parts. I am kind of a Mapics
rookie so if this is a stupid question, please go easy on me. I thank you
in advance for your help.

Dave Weiland

dweiland@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:dweiland@xxxxxxxxx>

Fabrication Technical Lead

Hagie Manufacturing Company

721 Central Avenue West

Box 273

Clarion, Iowa 50525

Phone: 515-532-2861 Ext: 6317

Fax: 515-532-3553

www.hagie.com<http://www.hagie.com>

Move times won't it for you - they are scheduled before the active portion
of the operation (actually, before the queue time as well).

The best approach is to add an operation - you could include only move time
and no run time so no time is expected to be reported and there would be no
impact on costing. Realize, however, that the operation should be closed to
enable a 'normal' order closeout. The new op can be at the same workcenter
(paint).

Dave Turbide

office: (603) 964-6903

cell: (603) 401-0192