From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of oplink
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:09 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Browser User Exit

- Release 6

- Im trying to edit an item that is structure to a BOM. A warning or error message will be displayed.
Mapics Browser -> Engineering-> Bills of Material
Ex. If the user tries to create a Component Item to a Paraent Item I want to display a msg
based on the Component Item Revision that was entered.

- The user exits that I activated and will modify are UMDMBD0R and UMDMBD1R
Integrator-> Business Objects -> Bill of Material -> User Exits

My question is what exactly is the extension file? Is it a method in which to feed input into the user exit programs?

Another question that just came to mind is:
When I create the extension files what field names do I use???

In the above example i need to check the Component Item Revision.
I understand I need this field attribute and length defined in the extension file but what about the field name? does it have to match against anothe file???

thanks
JoeM