Yes, thank you very much, I would prefer going for V5R4 as per your
suggestion, rather than facing problems with V6R1.

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Rad Yates <ryates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Praveen,
We have applied several IBM operating systems PTF fixes and one unpublished
patch, and then we did an IPL to apply the fixes permanently, since I wrote
my last comments. In addition, we have also used Operations Navigator to
review query access plans and as a result we have added indexes that it
suggested (Power Link Maintenance History needed 3 new indexes to get
better
performance).

Power Link performance is back to pre-V6R1 levels as a result of our
efforts
(still not fast but at least as good as it was).

Your situation is somewhat different than ours. We have the luxury of test
partitions and we are more current on both Infor XA (R7.7) and the
operating
system (we migrated from V5R3 of the operating system, skipping V5R4).

In your situation, I would be tempted to go to V5R4 of the operating system
so that I could get to a supported level, without having to work through
the
difficulties that we experienced.

I hope this information is helpful.