I may be the least experienced of all of the participants in this group
but what Jim listed below is correct.

We were entering Items via green screen and trying to use PDM+ to do some
offline "what if" work.

That caused us problems and necessitated our going to EPDM.

Also, I believe that when you turn on EPDM, PDM+ goes away - you don't
have both.

You will not be able to create the Item as you say below.

The ability to do that goes away when you turn on EPDM.

You will be creating the Enterprise Item, creating the Item Revision,
releasing the Item and creating the Item Warehouse as Jim says below.

I'll let the more experienced of you correct anything that I may have
gotten wrong.

Patrick Cusick

Data Aire, Inc.
Information Technology Department
pcusick@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(714) 921 - 6000
(800) 347 - 2473

"Sansi, Jim" <jsansi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/01/2008 11:25 AM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"MAPICS ERP System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [MAPICS-L] PDM+ to EPDM

Create Enterprise Item (item revision will do this for you if it doesn't
exist)
Create Item Revision
Release Item
Create Item Warehouse(s)

Just watch yourself when releasing an item number that exists in
multiple sites. EPDM is sort of interesting since you can have the same
item in each site but you will only have _one_ itemasa/b/c record.