Hi Lisa,

We have remote users from Asia, Europe and USA, we use only one system
date... USA in our case, meaning that all transactions are posted with
USA current date no matter the day or hour at other places, at midnight
we take some snapshots of the system so everybody is on the same page,
same with month-end process.

Antonio Rojas
Manager Applications Development
Semtech Corp.
Cell. (805) 216-4651
Office (805) 480-2135

Lisa Weaver <lweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/23/2008 07:06 AM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[MAPICS-L] System Date issue in International Mfg

Is anyone operating in Australia? I am working with a company that will
be doing business in Australia and China. They want to operate in one
environment for all their locations which include locations in the United
States as well as other global locations. Our primary show-stopping issue
is what to do about the system date...today in the states, tomorrow in
Australia and China. Has anyone out there dealt with this problem, and if
so, how? Thanks so much.

Lisa Cohen Weaver
lweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Consultant Manager