My current task involves writing an RPG program to update
line item order dates per a certain set of criteria from PowerLink. The
user is to enter the desired date on a specific card, click the 'user'
tab and select my program. No problem here. But, the powers that be want
a record of this program having been run. So, I researched 'Customer
Order Maintenance History' which Mapics automatically creates when the
CO is created, changed, etc.

I found files TRNDTA and TRNSTS that look as if they contain
all the needed data and my idea was to write to these files. Questions:

1) I can't make any sense out of the Task Token, Task Group Token or
Task Parent Token. It looks like the Task Token are a common field
between the two files, but I can't figure out how Mapics decides what
these token numbers are to be.

2) These files take an extra long time to display when I query them - as
if they are linked to other files. Am I in dangerous waters by trying to
update these?

3) Has anyone tried doing something similar or am I sailing uncharted
waters here?

Any help or ideas are appreciated!

John Furniss

Allied Machine & Engineering, Corp