Hi List!

Surely with all the changes and such the member companies in this thread, someone has gone through this.

The company (my former employer, who I still assist) is being purchased in the middle of a fiscal period (specifically, Period 1). The company uses XA's 13-period accounting. They want to close Period 1 completely in mid-month (over a weekend) to close out the books for the old company, then re-open Period 1 brand-new, starting over, on the same day.

Anyone done that? Suggestions? I was thinking the cleanest way to do it was to close Periods 1 in IM, COM, AR, AP, and GL. Then repeat for Periods 2-12 in IM, COM, AR, AP, and GL, then close 13 in GL, sequentially. That would position them at the beginning of a new fiscal year. Am I totally in left-field? That's a little time consuming, but not THAT bad.

Dale "Cork" Gindlesperger
Midrange Account Manager
Link Computer Corporation
Stadium Drive