Hi Weston,

Workflow is a very good tool, it can be used with Mapics or any other
database like SQL, MS Access, etc.... for me is a complete new
'programming language' that allows you to setup the steps with customized
screens and define any approval loop.

The main features that I found with this tool:

- You can use any file on the iseries (AS/400) not just Mapics XA
- Data is accesed just like in an RPG program, with 'chain' 'reade', etc.
- Subfiles type of screen.. .very cool!
- Assign resources and expeditors
- Natural interface with Lotus Notes.. and I suppose with exchange for
email
- Keeps a log of every 'workflow', so you can have any tracking back in
history
- Graphical designer...(similar to visual basic)

Disadvantages:

- Users must be setup again...(it does not get user profiles from iseries
or Active directory)
- Difficult to install.. but with external help this is not a problem.

My experience with workflow was very good, in less than a week we
developed a complete workflow for 'Engineering change request', with
multiple steps
to assign the 'Engineer'--> 'Mfg Engineer''--> Quality control.,
additional we developed some extra objects with browser to complete the
project.

Regards,

Antonio Rojas
Manager Applications Development
Semtech Corp
(805) 480-2135

"Weston Wheat" <wwheat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/15/2007 03:47 PM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[MAPICS-L] Mapics Workflow

Hello All
Can anyone tell me what is Mapics Workflow, and what does it do?
I found it in the License Information. Looks like
its in R6 as well.
There are three Workflow items:
Feature Description
5192 MAPICS WorkFlow Runtime