To the best of my knowledge, since the DB days when they integrated IM and
LLM together into IM, the Warehouse Stock Location Field has been pretty
ignored by MAPICS, but the data continues to carry forward. I am using
Browser (with EPDM) and all the rest of Essentials (except Rep), and have
NO problem with having data stored there.

One of the issues with using user-defined fields is that they don't always
automatically flow forward to the related files. An example - if you have
stuff in PSTDTL and release an order, the values in the user-defined fields
don't flow automatically to MODATA. At least, they didn't when we
installed EPDM way back when it was first released. Therefore, due to
that, we use the user-defined fields for data within a given application,
and usually populate it from secondary files. For an example, we have a
component deliver-to file that tells us where to send parts to the floor on
the IM pick list. When order release runs, we chain out to the deliver-to
file and load the deliver-to location into a user-defined field in MODATA
so it is available for use later in the order. We use this technique
heavily.

But we use standard "old and unused" MAPICS fields as much as possible
also.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA 15501

Peter Vidal
<Peter_Vidal@pall
.com> To
Sent by: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
mapics-l-bounces@ <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
midrange.com cc

Subject
07/31/2007 11:48 Re: [MAPICS-L] Kanban
AM

Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System
Discussion
<mapics-l@midrang
e.com>

"I would try for WHSLC in ITMRVA. We use that for various things,
including our in-house cycle counting."

Hum... interesting....

Ok, I know we will not have the ability to display in MRP the fact that an
item is KANBAN controlled or not but probably the client may agree to have
this alternative; however, if I use this field (which I think is the
default warehouse stock location) how safe it is to have this "KANBAN"
value to be here? I mean, in terms of transactions: what will happen... ?

Any issues / situations that I should be worried about?

Peter Vidal
MAPICS IT Technical Support Team / SR System Analyst
10540 Ridge Rd., Ste 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
http://www.pall.com

"The wisest mind has something yet to learn."
George Santayana (1863-1952)

Attention:

This communication may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original, all attachments, and all
copies of this communication.