Eric, we are doing something very similar using the Offline Shipping
Enhancement. I'm not crossing order# lines, but that would be quite simple
to do using the techniques we are using at FFT.

If you'd like, let me know and I can provide a lot more detail. We ARE
sorting the orders we pick by location in the warehouse in order to
expedite the picking process. It allowed us to pick 30% more parts with
33% fewer people over a year. There's no reason our technique wouldn't
work for a multi-order situation. In fact, we are in the early stages of
doing something VERY similar in the the RM/WIP stockroom on mfg orders.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA 15501

"Eric Wolf"
<eric_a_wolf@hotm
ail.com> To
Sent by: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
mapics-l-bounces@ cc
midrange.com
Subject
[MAPICS-L] Custom Pick
04/30/2007 07:11 Consolidation/Pick Confirmations
PM

Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System
Discussion
<mapics-l@midrang
e.com>

To the list,
I am looking into the Pick Confirmation process but am attempting to do
somethings that I think XA cannot do:

1) Scan multiple picklists so the clerk is directed to "pull" total
quantity of each item instead of walking down the same aisle many times.

2) When they get to the location, they select the item, scan the
location
and the total quantity is moved (via TW transaction) to the "staging"
area.

3) While the order is being packed (using an 3rd party product), update
the XA files just like the Pick Confirmation was done - this is the part
am looking for help with.

Has anyone updated the appropriate files (what are the files, what
fields
get updated and with what flags) and are you willing to share your
ideas?

Thanks...
Eric

Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo -
Calculate
new payment