I'm assuming you inherited this MAPICS environment (or environments) from
someone else, who didn't document everything they did....  (not that I have
EVER done such a heinous thing!)  and that you have something special going
on with order pricing.

Find out how you are doing it in the environment that is working the way
you want it to do.  I am assuming that the questionnaire for COM is set for
question B002 is a "Y" for "Orders Priced at Entry Time".   CAS (or "MAPICS
Z 'xx' " where 'xx' is the environment variable),  1 for Inquiry,  5 for
"Questionnaire Responses by question", "B002" for the question ID.

1)   Now, check out how that environment is set up (the one that is
working).  To do that.

a)  COM  (or "MAPICS B xx"  where "xx" is your environment variable)
b)  Option 6 for File Maintenance
c)  Option 8 for User Setup
d)  Option 2 for Activate User Exits
e)  Put a "70" for Process Groups in front of COM
f)   Put a "71" in front of "COD - Customer Order Detail"  (a guess, but
I'm pretty sure it's right).
g)  Scroll down through and note what is set up at "active".   Write down
the option and the program name for the "active" options.
h)  F12 your way back out of MAPICS in that environment.

2)  Go into your application source library, where you make the changes to
the programs, and see which of the program names listed in "1g"  have been
changed.  Look in the code and hopefully the programmer noted what he/she
changed.   Keep your fingers crossed!   That should tell you which program
user exit or API that you want to activate in the other environment(s).

3)  Ask your COM order entry people to take a short break from entering
orders while you try this.  Or do it after hours, or over lunch.  Any time
you won't mess up the users entering orders if you are wrong.

4)  Next, go into one of the environments you WANT to have work that way,
and follow the same steps, except that you will change the user exits in
the new environment to Active in step "1g" above.  I would only change the
one(s) that have been modified (see step 2).    Of course, I am assuming
you will look to see if the exit makes sense for what you are trying to
accomplish.  Hopefully the programmer will have (gasp!) documented the
changes made to the user exit program.

5)  Enter a test order to see if it works as desired.  If it's right,
bingo!  Tell your COM order entry people they can get back to work.  If
not, go back to step 4 and change the options back to how they were before,
tell your COM order entry people they can get back to work, and go to
support.mapics.com and log a request for help.

Or you can do that instead of this, and have a higher degree of confidence
that you will get the correct answer!

:)

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

             bciervo@kinedyne.
             com
             mapics-l-bounces@         mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/14/2007 10:01          [MAPICS-L] (no subject)
             AM

             Please respond to
             MAPICS ERP System
                Discussion
             <mapics-l@midrang
                  e.com>

We are running MAPICS in 3 environments.  In one of the environments,
during order entry if the item has no price, a Manual Pricing screen
appears

Does anyone know how to have this screen appear?  From going through the
source code I found it is called a User Exit but How do I have it run?

TYIA

Bob Ciervo
Programmer/Analyst
Kinedyne Corporation