Barbara,

       For infrequent or one time loads you could simply write or paste
the transaction strings to the PMCDB screens. For example an IP (planned
issue) transaction string:

B1107012908581818900600000AIP2062579580000000250 BBBB
070129

is 88 characters long and is made up of the following fields:

Field                   Length
Station         1
PM& Reader              2
Date                    6
Time                    6
Seq                     4
Badge                   7
Version         1
Transaction Key 2
Turnaround #    9
Quantity                10
Sign                    1
Location                7
Batch Lot               10
FIFO Date               6
Reference               10
Reason          6

If you paste or write the transactions string to the PMCDB screen the
IP transaction will immediately occur.

        Continuous realtime loads can be accomplished with a "server"
that simply takes the transactions strings coming in and writes them to
the PMCDB screen.  Once the server is running any device or application
on the network that can write an ASCII string to a text file on the
shared server drive can be used for input.  For us writing to the TRDATA
file did not accomplish the same thing as writing to the PMCDB screen.
We have applied this method in various ways to RM, RP, IP, IU inventory
transactions as well as OC, labor and T&A transactions.

        There are probably many other ways to do automated offline load.
This method is the one that has worked well for us.

Good luck,
Tom

BHines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 1/27/2007 12:34:50 PM >>>
Hello List,

Has anyone automated the offline load for inventory transactions at XA
Release 6. I've searched the archives, and the LDA listed there is not
working for me.

Thanks in advance,

--

Barbara Hines