I have 3 Mapics production environments all running XA 7 now. However our
main production environment was upgrade from XA 4 to XA 7 about 7 months
ago. The upgrade went great. Our biggest problem was also our custom code.
We run the green screen version and also only run the standard financials
and not IFM. I have not noticed a lot of changes. The biggest change is the
complete difference in the COM modules shipping workbench screen. I have not
seen a lot of benefits by upgrading, but the biggest one I would have to say
is the large number of user exits in XA 7 over XA 4. I think most of the
enhancements are probably database related and more geared to the gui/web
users for the essentials packages. Hope this helps.

Jeff Williams
Admin
Allied Mineral Products, Inc.

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:49:53 -0600, Marc.Rohde wrote
After reading all the Infor information on the topic I could get my
hands on I though I would throw the question out to the real world.
If you have upgraded to Mapics 7 or higher what are the real
advantages that you have experienced?  How was the upgrade "sold" to
your management staff?

I guess the question could also apply to release 6 as well since we
are currently at 5.5 with AP/AR (no IFM) and PDM+ (not EPDM).

The biggest win on the infrastructure side for us will be to get
back into software/PTF support but we are looking for opportunities
on the business side as well since it will require commitment from
all departments to test and validate the deployment.

Your input is appreciated,
Marc Rohde
IT Manager
Pentair Filtration, Inc. & Everpure, LLC

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message and all attachments to it
are intended only for the named recipients and may contain
confidential information. If you are not one of the intended
recipients, please do not duplicate or forward this e-mail message
and immediately delete it from your computer.