    From:  <davidakemp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To:  MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject:  Re: [MAPICS-L] XA Physical Inventory
    Date:  Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:16:15 -0500
    >Eric,
    >
    >The Compare Quanity for cycle count groups can be established in one of
    two ways.  If Cutoff On-Hand is selected, the system captures the
    on-hand balance when the count is activated.  If Entry On-Hand is
    selected, the system captures the on-hand balance when the count is
    actually entered.  If you are having a lot of activity on the item you
    are counting, then you  probably  want  to use the Entry on-hand option
    and immediately enter the count as each item is counted.

    >David Kemp
    >

    > > From: "Eric Wolf" <eric_a_wolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    > > Date: 2006/11/08 Wed PM 04:35:09 EST
    > > To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    > > Subject: [MAPICS-L] XA Physical Inventory
    > >
    > >    To the list,
    > >    I know that this has been discussed before but could not find the
    exact
    > >    answer for my customer.  Here's the question:
    > >
    > >    When the Physical/Cycle count selection is run (let's say at end
    of year)
    > >    all the records are flagged to be counted and the on hand at
    selection is
    > >    saved.  If the counts are entered after the users start
    processing
    > >    transactions again, then any variance from the PH will cause the
    On Hand