Al-

Here is what I think you are looking for:

 Quote/order  Item number      Original release       Quantity
 number                        quantity               On hand

      9053    5191309                  100.000          55.000
      9053                             100.000
      9053                             100.000

      9054    5191310                  250.000         383.000
      9054                             250.000
      9054                             200.000
      9054                             200.000

      9058    5191314                  100.000         110.000
      9058                             100.000
      9058                             100.000

(In our system we have pretty much customer specific item numbers, so we don't
have lots of different orders per item number.)
As you can see with the break level set to 1 on the Item number and quantity on
hand it only shows that info once.  While in query if you hit F5 to preview the
results, it will not show the breaklevels, but they are there when you print
the report.

Here is part of the query definition:

Selected files
  ID     File           Library       Member        Record Format
  T01    ITEMBL         AMFLIBP       *FIRST        ITEMBLMC
  T02    MBADREP        AMFLIBP       *FIRST        MBADREP1
  T03    MBC6REP        AMFLIBP       *FIRST        FAVRECM
Join tests
  Type of join  . . . . . . . . . . . . . Matched records
  Field              Test              Field
  T01.ITNBR          EQ                T02.ADAITX
  T02.ADCVNB         EQ                T03.C6CVNB
Ordering of selected fields
  Field           Sort      Ascending/  Break  Field
  Name            Priority  Descending  Level  Text
  T03.C6CANB                                   Customer number
  T02.ADCVNB                                   Quote/order number
  T01.ITNBR                             1      Item number
  T02.ADAAN6                                   Original release quantity
  T01.MOHTQ                             1      On hand total quantity

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need anymore info.

-Tom Stieger
Estimator/Engineer
CFW/Precision Metal Components
805-489-8750
tstieger@xxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:42:20 -0700 (PDT)
from: Al Gershen <aldg3@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Query/400: How do you remove duplicate
        recordinformation on a Report?

Hi David Unwin:

Thank you for your reply to my July 20, 2006 posting.

I tried following your instructions and I didn't have
any good results.

I was a little confused about your comment how the
printed report will look different that the report
displayed on the screen.

Also, do the settings of Select Sort Field and Select
Report Summary Functions have an affect on the
outcome?

Perhaps you could run a simple Query and mail me a
copy of the printed Query definition?

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Al Gershen
Cost Accountant Lead
ECS Composites
3560 Rogue River Hwy
Grants Pass, OR 97527
Tele (541) 476-8871, x272
Fax (541) 474-2479
aldg3@xxxxxxxxx

--- "Unwin, David" <dunwin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Fri,
21 Jul 2006 11:16:52 +0100:

Hi,

Select the fields you need, e.g. Item, Description,
Quantity On Hand, CO
Number, sort by Item, and CO Number, and then put a
break level of 1 in
for the Item, Description and Quantity.
When you print the report it will not repeat the
Item, Description, and
Quantity lines (although it does show them if you
display the report to
screen).

Regards,

David.