I received this reply to my inquiry from a developer at Infor.  He has given me
permission to share it with the list.

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Ekinci, Ali [mailto:Ali.Ekinci@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:33 AM
To: Josh Diggs
Subject: RE: [MAPICS-L] Integrator user exit, load buffer for related
object

Josh,
You don't need to call any method to get the values.  We have mXXXXXX
variables for the current object only. The others (including related
object fields) are named as their database field names (like C6CHNB).
You will not get all many to 1 relationshipped (parent) object buffers.
Only ones that allow maintenance of the current (child) object from a
list card will be available. But most of many to 1s fall into thins
category.

Regarding documentation, I need to ask around to find out what is
available and return to you on that. Or you can ask your support
representetive.
As a brief overview, the user exits are RPG driven. Client code is in
java, but the server pgms that process/validate the maintenance
transactions are in RPG. At various points, Infor server pgms call user
exits to allow users to do more validation/update/default calculations
.. Etc.

Please let me know, if you have any further questions.

Ali