Let me quote the relevant portions of the guidelines that are sent out monthly:

"Keep to the subject.  The topic of the list is MAPICS (Manufacturing,
Accounting, Production, and Inventory Control System), the ERP software package
originally developed by IBM and now sold by MAPICS, Inc.  Any discussion
related to MAPICS in particular or ERP systems in general is acceptable.
Discussion of unrelated topics will be actively discouraged."

"Do not post personal messages.  Please use direct E-Mail.  This list is
international in scope and personal messages just end up costing money. Job
and/or employment messages are forbidden.  Please use the various jobs oriented
conferences."

Leaving aside the little issue that I need to update the description of MAPICS
and who owns it now (Anyone from Infor want to help with that? Please email me
off list.), the point is that this list is for discussion of MAPICS, not
advertising job postings, which are off-topic.  The issue of employees seeing
the ads is not relevant, IMHO, as they can subscribe to midrange-jobs just as
easily as to this list.  I tend to be very liberal about allowing discussions
of various things related to MAPICS that arguably fall outside the guidelines,
such as finding knowledgeable employees, but when you start advertising
specific positions you've crossed the line.  Please respect that!

Thank you.

Dave Shaw
MAPICS-L Moderator