Tell me about it!   A while back (1996, actually), my affiliate was taking
me through an upgrade, and was able to roll a deal in for hardware, new
software, and a conversion from tier-based to user-based pricing.   It was
incredibly expensive, but it would have been a LOT worse if it wouldn't
have been a bundled deal.

Seems strange that MAPICS/Infor penalizes you so much for the conversion
from tier to user based pricing, frankly.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

             "Ann Neal"
             <aneal@letourneau
             -inc.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "MAPICS ERP System Discussion"
             mapics-l-bounces@         <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/05/2006 11:23          [MAPICS-L] New iSeries and XA
             AM                        License Keys

             Please respond to
             MAPICS ERP System
                Discussion
             <mapics-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Hi List,

Just adding our frustration to prior threads on getting new iSeries and the
XA $$ charges resulting.  IBM has done such a great job at what they do
that
we can't get a new machine as slow as our old one!  We are staying at a
P10,
but having to pay for new license keys.  Here is our history:

1998 leased (5yr) S20 4-way processor P40 purchased many modules with
*NOMAX
of MAPICS users
2003 (May) leased (3yr) 810 single processor P10  (no rebate for dropping
tiers or going to a single processor)
2006 (March) leased (3yr) 520 single processor P10   We are going to have
pay for license keys to stay at the same tier (although like I said, IBM
has
done such a great job that even staying at the same processor level you get
a faster machine).  We are being encouraged to change to (pay for) user
based licensing so we won't be charged for the next machine change.  Notice
we paid in the beginning for *NOMAX users

We were incredulous that by staying at the same tier we are now getting
charged for license keys.  (didn't get a rebate in 2003, but no charge,
either)   Course we can't install the new machine until we get them, so
kind
of like being held over a barrel.  Wish there was a standard formula so a
customer knew where they stood.

Ann Neal