>From MAPICS Support...:
Here is the solution:  Public authority to XA libraries
The XA libraries should have PUBLIC authority set to *USE rather than
*EXCLUDE.  Since 99% of the objects in the library have PUBLIC authority set
to *EXCLUDE, there is no need to change the ownership of the libraries, plus
changing this could cause a problem with the client applications.

Best Regards,

Ed Kandel

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Wenzloff [mailto:GWenzloff@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:43 AM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [MAPICS-L] AMAPICS adoptive authority

List,

I'm trying to complete my preparations for a SOX audit.

I've removed AMAPICS as a group profile on our user profiles.
All programs are owned by AMAPICS.
All program are set with USRPRF(*OWNER) USEADPAUT(*YES)
All query users have explicit authority to the files they need.

So we thought we were all set to change the authorities at the library
level which is currently AMAPICS *ALL and PUBLIC *CHANGE.

When we change PUBLIC to *EXCLUDE on any library in the MAPICS library
list the system does not work as expected.

ALL batch jobs from within MAPICS bomb with the message that the user
does not have authority to that library we changed.

We expected success on this - what are we missing?

Thanks,
Greg