At one of the places I do work for that is under SOX control... DFU is off
limits to the masses. And actually it is off limits to developers(Programmer).
I have what is called a production ID that allows this.
  We have a whole process to go thru. We have to call to get our production id
enabled with a ticket# ...
  It takes longer to do all the paperwork and audit trail then it does to fix
the problem..
  We can still do these Q&D pgms... Just have to have an audit trail.......

  Pete

Greg Wenzloff <GWenzloff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I believe the nice utility called DSPFILE came with MAPICS. I could be
wrong. I find it more useful than DFU.

SOX auditors are now saying that we need a way to control direct file
access.

How have other shops satisfied their auditors on this subject?

What about quick and dirty programs to update something. For example:
salesman #25 quit and salesman #26 is taking over his 300 customers. A
person typing into COM would take plenty of time to do this update and
may even miss someone. A Q&D RPG program of about 5 lines of code would
do this update. About 2 minutes to write/run the program which includes
going to get a cup a coffee.

Thanks,
Greg