Bob,

I was hoping some of the Custom Systems guys would jump in here.  Are you
there Nathan or Mike?

What you described seems like a bug.   My system is at XA R4 and puts a zero
in the file when nothing is shipped.    I still have to use the 'pre' user
exit to delete that zero shipped record (plus any item comments for that
record) because EDI doesn't like invoices with lines with zero shipped.

Here is the code segment from the 'pre' exit:

  C*
  C* REMOVE UNWANTED ZERO SHIPPED ITEMS AND CORRESPONDING COMMENTS
  C           KYINSC    CHAINDIIND01              99
  C*
  C           *IN99     DOWEQ*OFF                       <<<------3
  C*                                                             |
  C           QTYSHS    IFEQ 0                          <------2 |
  C           COMKEY    CHAINEDIINS02             98           | |
  C           *IN98     DOWEQ*OFF                       <<<--1 | |
  C                     DELETDIIND02                         | | |
  C           COMKEY    READEEDIINS02                 98     | | |
  C                     ENDDO                           >>>--1 | |
  C                     DELETDIIND01                           | |
  C                     END                             <------2 |
  C           KYINSC    READEDIIND01                  99         |
  C                     ENDDO                           >>>------3

Greg