Ahhh....if only we were that good. We're getting there, though!

-----Original Message-----
From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of lucas Geheniau
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:45 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: Externally creating a pick list?

Hi Patrick,

I think you don't want to hear this......(you know it already)

The extra energy you are putting in the shipping process, should be
put(only half of it needed) in your logistics.  If the reorder reports,
follow up shortage and overdue reports are maintained on a daily basis
and
the static data(reorder point safety stock, leadtime...)is correct in
the
system,  you will get only picklists that can be completely
delivered.(98%)

That is the way to improve your delivery reliability.

Kind Regards,

Lucas

At 04:22 08-03-05 -0800, you wrote:
>Patrick, several of my customers have asked Mapics for this
>enhancement.
>They want to run a pgm to determine what customer order items can be
>picked and then have it launch the print pgm, and set this up as a
>scheduled job.
>This is on the Mapics list. They are not sure when it will happen. Will

>probably be on the next ballot to see how much interest there is...
>You may want to contact Mapics so your name can be added to the list.
The
>more customers that request the sooner we might get it.
>
>Hope this helps
>Pete
>
>Patrick Shrader <pshrader@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>My CRSs are spending a lot of time manually selecting pick lists in
>COM. I have to ship my orders complete, and I release pick lists after
>the inventory is available and ready to ship. The ship complete option
>works for individual line items, not for the entire customer order. The

>requires someone to manually review each order and verify that the
>order has enough inventory on hand for each line item in order to
>create the pick list.
>
>Does anyone have any hints on how I can submit the pick list print job
>from my own program? I can select which orders and line items I want to

>appear, but I then want the job MAPICS submits for pick list printing
>to take over and process the necessary files and actually print the
>report. Essentially, I want my program to select the orders to print
>(replacing the AMBE7DFR program), then for MAPICS to take care of the
>print.
>
>Thanks in advance....
>
>Patrick Shrader

>at http://archive.midrange.com/mapics-l.

>at http://archive.midrange.com/mapics-l.

www.viva-lancia.com
Best Regards,
                 Lucas

A good player makes himself look good;
a great player makes the team look good.

L. Geheniau                                     M.I.S. supervisor /
Logistic Engineer
Tokheim Corp.
Industrieweg 5, 5531 AD Bladel                  The Netherlands
Fax: +31497381950
e-mail: geheniau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         l.geheniau@xxxxxxxxx
sms: No phone!  0645886969