From: Andy Jacobs [mailto:ajjacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:58 AM
To: 'MAPICS ERP System Discussion'
Subject: RE: RF Technology

Demetrius

When looking into an RF system, you should ask yourself a few questions
first. 1.) What is the objective of using RF. 2.) What kind of security
issues on the wireless do you require.

If you are looking to implement a wireless backbone to be able to do MAPICS
transactions in realtime, then there are quite a few wireless options out on
the market that will provide you with the connection to the network.

Depending upon what devices you hook up to the system, the wireless will get
you connected to the network, which you can then reach your host system from
there. You will need to look into how your MAPICS screens displayed on the
devises and there are many options out there that will help you with this.
There are many software options out on the market that can help you with
connectivity to these devices back to MAPICS.

The key point I would look at would be security setting on the wireless
devices and access points.  If this is a critical issue for your company,
you cannot mix access points and handheld devices very well and get the
encryption to work properly.  Look for a vendor who can supply wireless
devices like a Cisco (Access Points Only), Intermec, Symbol who can supply
you with access points, scanning equipment and wireless network cards if you
use PCs out on the floor.

If you have further questions regarding this, feel free to contact me
offline.

Sincerely

Andy Jacobs
President