2nd attempt - attachment did not come over properly -

Dear MAPICS Customer,

I am excited to share with you that MAPICS has announced a definitive agreement
to be acquired by Infor Global Solutions. Infor is a privately held, provider
of enterprise business solutions to select manufacturing and distribution
industries. Inforâs acquisition of MAPICS results in one of the largest
global providers exclusively focused on delivering world-class ERP and Supply
Chain solutions to the manufacturing and distribution industries. MAPICSâ
solid base of about 4,500 customers and team of dedicated professionals will
strengthen Inforâs position in the manufacturing sector. There are numerous
benefits to our customers:

ô Commitment to your industry: Inforâs vision is to drive global
leadership in the manufacturing and distribution industries by assembling
enterprise class solutions with best of breed functionality and professionals
with deep vertical market expertise. Inforâs solutions address the
essentialchallenges that are specific to your industry.
ô Stability, long-term investment and growth: The combined company will have
over 17,500
customers in over 70 countries. We believe that Inforâs financial backing,
extensive resources,
and ability to meet the needs of global manufacturers are beneficial to our
customers and their
future growth.
ô Access to global resources: The manufacturing industry is becoming
increasingly global in
nature, with businesses of all sizes expanding internationally. Infor and
MAPICS have the
products, experience, and local resources to support customersâ operations
anywhere in the
world. Inforâs CEO has committed to continue to support the current product
lines of MAPICS and to leverage synergies between our solutions wherever
possible to enhance the benefits we are able to provide. Infor understands the
critical role that MAPICS plays in running your business, and assures you that
in all cases, Infor will work hard to protect and enhance the value of your
investments in MAPICSâ products and technology.

Although we have signed a definitive agreement, there is still a period of
about 90-120 days before the transaction closes. During this period, we will
develop a transition plan that details our product roadmap and overall company
direction. We will communicate with you regularly during this transition and
answer your questions as the plan develops. In the meantime, we will remain
focused on completing current projects and continuing to provide exceptional
service and support.

I am sure you can appreciate we have much work to do over the next several
months until the
acquisition closes and we transition to Infor Global Solutions. I hope you will
attend our annual MPower 2005 International MAPICS Customer Conference in
Orlando on May 22-25, 2005. At this conference you will meet the Infor
executive team, preview the combined 36-month product roadmap and learn more
about Inforâs long-term plan. We are excited about the future and hope you
are as well.

For your convenience, following is a link to the press release:
http://www.mapics.com/company/PressRoom/05releases/pr-050127.asp.

Sincerely,
Dick Cook
President & CEO
MAPICS, Inc.
1000 Windward Concourse Parkway, Suite 100 Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 Phone
678.319.8000 Fax 678.319.8368 www.mapics.com