From: DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 9:13 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: create a new env.

The PDF has been e-mailed to all that asked for a copy.  I did not include
the source for the small RPG program that changes the two records in SYSCTL
(XXCASS and CONO01) for the new environment, very minor.  I can send that
source also if desired.

This does NOT do anything on AMTLIBx.  That usually isn't an issue for us
in a test environment.  What I do there is periodically CLRLIB AMTLIBx and
then CPYLIB AMTLIB to the AMTLIBx library to "refresh" it.  I do that after
a backup when there are no batches in any of the files.

Works great, and runs during the day.  The only issue is that since V5R2,
there is a delay between when the CL completes and when the users can
access the environment, while database jobs that OS/400 runs do whatever
they do.  It takes approx 1 hr for that to complete with full load at my
shop.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

Morning all... I know we have gone thru this before. I am trying to create
a new env from a copy. What data areas and files need to be reset for this
new env to function?

Thanks in advance

Pete