Doug,

Consolidated Invoicing was designed to allow customers to consolidate
all available shipments by customer that have matching currencies across
multiple warehouses.  This was especially handy for export invoices that
had to match letters of credit filed with customer's banks.  You can set
up warehouse security in IM.  However, I can't remember if we ever tied
the selection of invoices to that warehouse security in IM.  You need to
do a little testing - I would do it for you, but I don't have access to
a MAPICS environment or an AS/400 for that matter right now.

Set up the necessary security by warehouse in IM in your test
environment.
You may need to check in CAS to see if there is any additional security
that needs to be turned on specificall for invoicing for your test user.
Enter an order with more than one warehouse on a customer marked as a
consoliated customer, then ship them as two separate shipments selected
by warehouse.
Then attempt to select shipments for invoices the tester does not have
authority to in IM.
Generate the consolidated invoice to see which items it picks up and see
if it does cross warehouses.

If it does not generate separate consolidated invoices by the warehouse
code the user is authorized to use, then your only other recourse is to
use the invoice user exit and change the way the consolidated invoices
are generated.  This could be quite an involved task so do your research
first before tackling it.  How many consolidated invoices do you have
the potential of creating on a monthly basis?  If only a couple, it is
not worth the effort.  It would be easier to write your invoices to a
separate file as they are generated and create a consolidated invoice
using a home grown program that would match totals to your financials.
The biggest risk is generating invoices outside of MAPICS that do not
match what was sent to the AR financials.  Your auditors may have a
problem with that suggestion.

Hope this was helpful.
Paola Groeber
770-591-1497 (Home Office)