Pete:
We have terminals that will do just TA's & others that will do other
transactions or tasks.  We have the terminals setup so that all the user
has to do is hit enter & the terminal will sign-on & start whatever job we
want it to be doing.

Steve Jones

             Pete Olshavsky
             <polshavsky@yahoo
             Sent by:                  MAPICS ERP System Discussion
             mapics-l-bounces@         <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                    Fax to
             07/29/2004 02:31
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: data collection - T/A

             Please respond to
             MAPICS ERP System
                Discussion
             <mapics-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Cork,
Are those terminals you setup  for T&A dedicated to just T&A?
Or can/do they do other transactions?
If dedicated is there someplace to config that certain terminals will do
nothing but T&A??
I guess I am not sure what you mean by autostart into T&A green screen!!!!
Thanks
Pete

DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Jeff,

I think the closest you can come to a "dumb" clock for use with MDCC/PLMC
is to use a thin client PC or terminal that autostarts into the green
screen T&A option. We use that on several of our doors/gates - all you
have to do is turn the device on and in a minute or so it comes up as a T&A
device. No keyboard or mouse is required, just the display screen and a
badge reader (the device is hidden away).

Works just fine....

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA 15501

"Jeff Snyder"
otmail.com> To
Sent by: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
mapics-l-bounces@ cc
midrange.com
Subject
data collection - T/A
07/29/2004 01:29
PM

Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System
Discussion
e.com>

Ref : Time / Attendance

I have a customer who has the 'paperless' data collection product and
would like to use dumb time clocks to record, swipe, TA in /out and
feed
PLMC, PMC, PR, etc.

I am an 'application guy', and dont really have the tech. background to
answer this inquiry.

I was wondering if anybody had any experience in this area and had any
suggestions , hardware wise, and or 'issue' wise.

Thanks

Jeff Snyder, CPIM
Mapics Consultant