From: Terry LeBlanc
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 11:46 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: AS400 Backup, Daily vs. Monthly

I'll look into that, Ron.  Thanks.  The *NONE parameter is another
useful bit of info.<g> That would enable me to schedule a special
month-end backup.  As you've indicated, would have to NOT run the normal
daily backup schedule on those days.  Means I would have to setup the
OMITDATE for every month-end date.  Sounds messy...but it might work...

In the meantime, I've just moved the AS400 backup to 3:00 AM, gets it
out of the way of the month-end activity.

For those who are chiding about shipping performance and other such
assumptions...don't.<g>  They make a decision each month as to how far
to chase backlog for revenue enhancement.  If the backlog is long, they
chew into it...solves two problems.  It's not a "hafta", it's a "wanna".
It's called management discretion...anything outside of their normal
3-day ship cycle is eligible for shipment at month-end.