Yes, the MAPICS Credit Limit & Hold capabilities do as you say
(perfunctory), but are severely limited in scope.

We are looking to use the software to override MAPICS logic for
determining actual limits, but still use the MAPICS ability to halt the
process.
I guess that's a different benefit of the software that pales next to the
excitement of all the gui accounting stuff!

And yes, already having the AVR datagate makes it even more affordable, so
there is some built-in familiarity!
We thought of creating a user-exit similar to what we already have in
place for Boeing's Min/Max program, but I see a lot of side benefits to
MC2.

Thanks for taking the time!

"Eric A. Wolf" <eric_a_wolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/28/2004 09:22 AM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"MAPICS ERP System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: MC2 Software - Credit Limits

I have a few customers using it and have spoken to others that have it and
they have nothing but great things to say about it.  I do not know about
the
"ability of stopping a shipment in the picking process" customization but
have seen customer's collections increase because of the ease of use and
presentation of the data.  And for your company (since I know you have
AVR),
you know the backbone of the software.

BTW, I thought by having the order on a credit hold would stop the pick
list
from being printed.  At one of my customers, I wrote some code that resets
the Automatic Credit Hold flag at AR Month End when any invoice is past
the
Terms.  It turns the flag off during Cash Receipt Posting when all past
due
invoices have been paid.

Eric