Greg, that would work, but do you do a date identification on your tapes?
I put 'MAPICSmmddyy' in the Owner ID for each tape.  I know you can get it
by looking at the objects on the tape, but I like the identification.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
Somerset, PA

                      Greg Wenzloff

                      <GWenzloff@beckmfg        To:       "'MAPICS ERP System
Discussion'" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      .com>                     cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  RE: Back ups with
Magstar 3570
                      mapics-l-bounces@m

                      idrange.com

                      10/20/2003 10:01

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

Bryan,

I let the computer do the work.

The INZTAP is at the beginning of my CLP for the backup.   When the second
tape is needed and the CPA 4278 message is issued, it is answered
automatically by an OS400's reply list entry.     See WRKRPYLE.

Greg