Doug,

If your customer service reps are heavy in the browser, set up a workbench
from Customer to Open orders AND Order History.  Broadcast from Customer and
receive on both Open and History.  When a customer is queried and located
on the Customer object it would query BOTH open and history orders at the
same time.  Once the orders are shown, you can drill down into each to see
items and other related information.

Hope this helps.

Mike