   Pete,

   I would agree with Konrad that it would be a good idea to do a bit more
investigation, although there is a good case for an os400 bug. *Read= is
   a fairly new trigger program option, and a quick check of the ibm w   ebsite
produced the following APAR whereby a decimal data error in Quer= y
   produced the same error you are seeing (the error was incorrectly gen
erated).

   <http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.NSF/c79815e083182fec862564
c00079d117/3b3476b7585cad5c86256c22003d4eb8?OpenDocument>

   Another way to test your problem would be to use the STRSQL command, th   en
type in the command SELECT * FROM GELMAS and press Enter. If SQL i= s
   causing your error, you should see it crop up.

   As to how to report an APAR, I have not had to do so, but it looks as t
hough you will need a customer number of a customer with a valid servic= e
   contract in order to submit one. Ibm should be able to tell you how= to
   go about it. No doubt the first thing they will want to know is i= f you
   have all the latest fixes installed.

   Good luck,
   Malcolm