Subject:    Our apologies - Midrange Software will not be attending the
Author: "John Locke" <jlocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:       4/30/03 4:40 PM

We apologize for the short notice, but Midrange Software will NOT be exhibiting
at the Mapics User's Conference next week in Chicago. Our registration was
confirmed and we were all set to attend, but received last minute notification
from Mapics on 4/28/03 that we were seen as a "competitive threat", specifically
in regards to their new Field Service offering.

Our apologies to those we had setup specific meetings with and those friends we
were looking forwarding to seeing again this year at this event.

Like many of you... we're confused also. Yes, we are still a CES (certified)
partner. Yes, WCFields is still part of the CES program. And, yes, WCFields is
the only application that integrates seamlessly with the Mapics backbone to
manage post-sale activities like RMA, Serialization, Repair, Warranty, Ownership
History, Help Desk, Contracts and other functions.

There has been some confusion recently among affiliates and customers about what
Mapics is offering (and not offering) and how that relates to WCFields and the
highly-anticipated WCFields Millennium due out later this year. This confusion
lies mostly in the distiction between post-sale management and Field Service.

The most important post-sale functionality for most Mapics and WCFields
customers is Serialization, Return Material (RMA) management, Warranty Tracking
and Ownership Management. Other functions like Repair/Refurbish, Contracts,
Vendor Management and Help Desk are also important to many users. None of these
functions are managed well by any Mapics applications, and that's why WCFields
has been the CES Partner Product for post-sale product management since 2000.

Despite the recent promotion of the Field Service offering by Mapics, many
manufacturers do not manage Field Service groups or have large enough outside
service departments to require a complete system. That's why Field Service is
only one module of WCFields (and soon-to-be-released the WCFields Millennium
suite) and why our Field Service module is only used by some customers.

You will be hearing more from us regarding the new WCFields Millennium in the
coming weeks and will see how we leveraged years of post-sale experience to
offer a comprehensive solution well beyond the scope of Field Service and
Maincor-adapted offerings.

Once again, we apologize for the late notice of our absence and hope this
message helps clear up any confusion. We look forward to speaking with all of
you soon!

Kind regards,

Jacques Ohana and the Midrange Software Team

P.S. For those of you that know us for our renowned Human Resources and Payroll
solutions (PERMS Millennium & I.T.Pays)... yes, we have the leading solutions
for these areas (not the strengths of the Mapics suite!). You don't have to
outsource or run separate servers for these applications - you can run HR and
Payroll in-house to maximize your human capital at a significant savings
compared to service bureaus. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=2>
<P>We apologize for the short notice, but Midrange Software will NOT be
exhibiting at the Mapics User's Conference next week in Chicago. Our
registration was confirmed and we were all set to attend, but received last
minute notification from Mapics on 4/28/03 that we were seen as a "competitive
threat", specifically in regards to their new Field Service offering.</P>
<P>Our apologies to those we had setup specific meetings with and those friends
we were looking forwarding to seeing again this year at this event.</P>
<P>Like many of you... we're confused also. Yes, we are still a CES (certified)
partner. Yes, WCFields is still part of the CES program. And, yes, WCFields is
the only application that integrates seamlessly with the Mapics backbone to
manage post-sale activities like RMA, Serialization, Repair, Warranty, Ownership

History, Help Desk, Contracts and other functions.</P>
<P>There has been some confusion recently among affiliates and customers about
what Mapics is offering (and not offering) and how that relates to WCFields and
the highly-anticipated WCFields Millennium due out later this year. This
confusion lies mostly in the distiction between post-sale management and Field
Service.<BR></P>
<P>The most important post-sale functionality for most Mapics and WCFields
customers is Serialization, Return Material (RMA) management, Warranty Tracking
and Ownership Management. Other functions like Repair/Refurbish, Contracts,
Vendor Management and Help Desk are also important to many users. None of these
functions are managed well by any Mapics applications, and that's why WCFields
has been the CES Partner Product for post-sale product management since
2000.</P>
<P>Despite the recent promotion of the Field Service offering by Mapics, many
manufacturers do not manage Field Service groups or have large enough outside
service departments to require a complete system. That's why Field Service is
only one module of WCFields (and soon-to-be-released the WCFields Millennium
suite) and why our Field Service module is only used by some customers.</P>
<P>You will be hearing more from us regarding the new WCFields Millennium in the

coming weeks and will see how we leveraged years of post-sale experience to
offer a comprehensive solution well beyond the scope of Field Service and
Maincor-adapted offerings.</P>
<P>Once again, we apologize for the late notice of our absence and hope this
message helps clear up any confusion. We look forward to speaking with all of
you soon!</P>
<P>Kind regards,</P>
<P>Jacques Ohana and the Midrange Software Team</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>P.S. For those of you that know us for our renowned Human Resources and
Payroll solutions (PERMS Millennium &amp; I.T.Pays)... yes, we have the leading
solutions for these areas (not the strengths of the Mapics suite!). You don't
have to outsource or run separate servers for these applications - you can run
HR and Payroll in-house to maximize your human capital at a significant savings
compared to service bureaus. We look forward to speaking with you
soon!</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>