Rusty,
Here is a print screen of the SYSCTL CONOxx record that keeps the status of
each period.
RECORD CODE                                  2    'CZ'
SYSTEM CONTROL FILE KEY                      6    'CONOnn'  nn = COMPANY
NUMB
COMPANY NAME                                15
MAPICS, INC. RESERVED                        2
FIRST FISCAL PERIOD                          2
FIRST PROCESSING PERIOD                      2
GENERAL LEDGER ARRAY                        13    13 1 - BYTE ELEMENTS
                                                  0 = NO TRANSACTIONS EXIST
                                                  1 = TRANSACTIONS ENTERED
                                                  2 = TRANSACTIONS POSTED
                                                  3 = PERIOD CLOSED
                                                  4 = YEAR-END AUDIT
SUCCESSF
GL FILE MAINT ALLOWED                        1    0 = NOT ALLOWED   1 =
ALLOW
FIRST FISCAL SALES ANALYSIS M/P NO.          2
CURRENT SALES ANALYSIS MONTH OR PD. NO.      2
LAST MONTH CLOSED BY SALES ANALYSIS          2
To get this go CAS ... opt #3 (maint) opt #13 (work with logic) opt #5
(print sysctl layouts)

Pete Olshavsky
Ind mapics programmer/Systems Analyst