I developed an interface between our Pro/E system and EPDM, but it actually
worked out to be more trouble than it was worth.  What we found was that
our Engineers were able to maintain records faster using Browser/EPDM than
they were able to do with running the extract, file builds, and CAD
interface load, then checking the audit.

Also, we had a problem with decimal point precision between Pro/E and EPDM,
and also handling of uncontrolled floor stock (fasteners and such) - most
people don't put them on blueprints (we don't).  That meant we either had
extra maintenance on the drawing end or on EPDM.

After significant effort (and unfortunately expenses), we decided to dump
the interface.

However, that was for our situation - obviously it works for others.....

                      LDEGNON@xxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  To:       mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      mapics-l-bounces@x        cc:

                      idrange.com               Subject:  EPDM to CAD interface

                      04/02/2003 06:04

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

Have anyone out there been successful in using the EPDM CAD interface to
import
a Bill of materials into mapics?

I'm wondering if My PC Support Upload parameters are incorrect, or if it is
not
compatible with AutoCad Version 12?

Below is a sample of part of my autocad DXX File...

***********************
 0
INSERT
  5