My Browser performance was too slow until I allocated enough resources on
my AS/400.  On my old machine (a 9406-720 with 470-70 CPW), I changed my
storage pool for QSERVER to have a bunch of my memory (bought another 1/2GB
and allocated it all to that pool).  That improved the situation
considerably.  I then upgraded to a 9406-270 with 1050-50 CPW (Greenstreak
promotion), and Browser performance now is generally equivalent to green
screen response.

Incidentally, I do an IPL each week after system backups.  It's not
supposed to be necessary, but it only takes 10 minutes or so and I'm old
school enough to figure "better safe than sorry".

Dale @ Fleetwood

                      LDEGNON@xxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  To:       Konrad Underkofler
<kdunderk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mapics-L
                      mapics-l-bounces@x         (mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx)"
<mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      idrange.com               cc:       CFRANK@xxxxxxxxx

                                                Subject:  Re:Interesting Email
this morning

                      02/20/2003 01:29

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

Hello out there...

I also am wondering if any brave souls are at version 7.  Also, Does anyone
else
have
performance issues with Browser????  I have found that if I don't do an IPL
weekly, I
constantly get calls from users stating "I'm staring at an hourglass,
what's
wrong with MAPICS"

Typical P.C. is Pentium 4, 1.8GHZ, 512 MB ram. Just to login and pull up
screen
in
 Browser takes 58 seconds!!!

MAPICS Support tells me I'm crazy when I mention the issue with IPL,  but
if I
don't, performance
is unbearable.

Any Ideas?

Will Version 7 really help this condition, or make it worse?

Lloyd H. Degnon
I. S. Manager
Ampro Computers Inc.
5215 Hellyer Ave