I tried this earlier, and got an error - maybe attachments aren't allowed,
but I'll try it again.

I got enough requests for this that I'll just post the response on the
thread.  There are two PDF attachments to this posting.  One is a CL,
"LOADMEMAG", that is written to do the following (note: this refreshes an
environment called "ME", shared AMALIB, with a separate AMFLIBE):

1.  Clear out the data library AMFLIBE.
2.  Take our MAPICS backup from TAP04 (our MagStar 3570-B12 tape drive) and
restore it into AMFLIBE.
3.  Reset relavant data areas for library lists, job queue assignments, and
environment name.
4.  Call SMZ010B to reset SYSCTL for environment variables.

The second PDF is the actual RPG program for SMZ010B.

This does NOT reset the AMTLIB.  In our facility, we run almost everything
through TRDATA.  I occasionally manually clear AMTLIBE, and refresh with a
CPYLIB command from AMTLIB.  Usually, I do that when I do a new CUM CD from
MAPICS or some other significant upgrade.

On my system, an iSeries 9406-270 with 1050 CPW (a Greenstreak upgrade of
my old 9406-720) and a MagStar 3570-B12 tape drive, this takes about one
hour on a Sunday with an almost dedicated system (only COM_Net, MDCC, and
normal unattached jobs are running).

Reminder (disclaimer):  Use of these programs is totally at your own risk.
While we use this successfully, I will not maintain or support this code.
When retyping this, PLEASE be careful when entering the environment
variables - if you goof and put in "MM", you just blew your production
environment.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.

(See attached file: SMZ010B.PDF)(See attached file: LOADMEMAG.PDF)