Hi Mapics ML:

Two unusual things happened to me today and they both
appear to come from the Mapics ML.

First event:  I checked my MSN TV (formerly WebTV) email
this morning on one of my unused email addresses (MSN TV
allows you up to 6 email addresses) and there was an email
in the Inbox from myself (the email address was
aldg@midrange.com and I don't have an email address with
midrange.com) with the subject, "Mapics 'Inventory
Valuation' Report."  I opened the email and it was empty
except for an attachment of some type that wasn't
supported by the MSN TV service.  There was NO message
with the email.  I deleted the email from the Inbox.

Second event:  I got a call from Mapics Support at work
this morning (Inquiry # 1226834) advising me that they had
received some email regarding an April 2000 inquiry I made
to the Mapics ML under the subject thread, "Mapics
'Inventory Valuation' Report."  I personally did not
contact Mapics Support about this matter and how the email
was sent from the Mapics ML to Mapics Support is a real
mystery.  (There's over a 2 1/2 year time difference
between the original Mapics ML activity and today's
receipt of this email by Mapics Support.)

Both of these events probably belong in the X-files venue
because none of them make any sense.  Is there a virus in
the Mapics ML server that is doing some strange things?

I am sharing them with the Mapics ML because it's possible
that you may encounter a similar situation.  I look
forward to your commments on this matter.

Regards,
Al Gershen
ECS Composites
Grants Pass, OR