Bud,

Remember that MAPICS dates back to the Sys/34/36/38 era when
LDA's were the only easy means of interprogram communication.

The standard way "easy is a relative term" is to find the
MAPICS CL that runs the interactive select process.
        Two methods here:
                1: Run the interactive piece and look at the stack to see
the controlling cl
                                or
                2: In CAS look at the menu option to see which CL it runs

Obtain that source. It should contain calls to both the display program for
the
options and the batch submit.

Obtain the submitted LDA, MAPICS does not use the real LDA just a simulated
one that is actually a data area in QTEMP.
        Two methods here:
                1: Modify CL above to copy the LDA right before the submit
                                or
                2: Explore APPLOG file for the shop packet pgm. The LDA is
in that file.

Create own custom CL from the first one above:
                1: Kill call to interactive piece
                2: Restore and set anything in the preserved LDA, user id,
batch #,
                        order range. Looking at the interactive programs tie
into the
                        LDA should help define what gets set in here.

Calling the new program should run the MAPICS job and perform the submit and
track
it normally through the JOBACT file.

Note that this method is only needed for the older apps, the Synon ones have
their
own file based methods in addition to the above. Some of the latest stuff
does not
even use JOBACT. I guess some of the new ppl don't know what the
architecture standard
is.

Good luck!

Konrad