I have just completed said project for a customer.. I used a combination of
MAPICS commands and custom programming to get all the aspects of the MRP
run to work.

you can use:

SBMMRPPLN to submit an MRP planning run (there are parameters on the
command)
MNTMRPHRZ to maintain the MRP horizon date if required

I didn't need to run any MPS jobs, so I didn't need to find them

Now: You are asking what programming did I need to do:

1. The MNTMRPHRZ works good, except you must send all the details

MAPICS environment . . . . . . .  __                  Character value
Planning warehouse . . . . . . .    ___               Character value
Current date . . . . . . . . . .               ________  Date
Overdue days . . . . . . . . . .          _____             Number
Release days . . . . . . . . . .          ____        Number
Allocation days  . . . . . . . .           ____       Number
Review days  . . . . . . . . . .            _____           Number

I only wanted to change the Current Date, but the command REQUIRES that you
have everything.. Those values were/are setup in the PLNINF file, so I
wrote a program to retrieve all those values and pass them back to me so
that I could change the current date.

2. Reports.. You can set MRP to produce reports that you want to be
SUBMITTED when the MRP job is run.  The problem is, you don't have the
ability to specify all of the parameters for each available report.
Therefore, I cloned the CLs myself and passed the parameters that I needed.

3. I needed a way to retrieve the previous Monday date, since all the MRP
runs will use that date as their planning date.

As a recap of what I did, here is a quick outline of our process:

1. STRMAPICS for the env
2. Update current forecast (they use Futurion's Futurcast software)
3. Maintain horizon dates for each warehouse
4. Run MRP planning run (full gen) for each warehouse
5. Create purchase planning schedules for selected warehouse
6. Create shipping schedules for selected warehouses (custom program copied
from MAPICS)
7. Submit all reports for selected warehouses using the SBMMPX command
8. Convert reports to PDF and FTP selected reports to server (SBMMPX)
9. Send an e-mail confirmation to main planner indicating that the MRP run
is done (SBMMPX)
10. ENDMAPICS

We used the SBMMPX command since it is easier to ensure that all the jobs
process serially.

Michael Franchino
Custom Systems Corporation
www.cussys.com
(973) 726-0202 X214 (Phone)
(973) 726-4552 (Fax)

|         |           "Morrison, Doug" |
|         |           <dmorrison@simond|
|         |           s.cc>            |
|         |           mapics-l-admin@mi|
|         |           drange.com       |
|         |           06/05/2002 01:07 |
|         |           mapics-l         |

  |       To:       <MAPICS-L@midrange.com>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Auto Scheduling MPS & MRP Planning Runs

We are running MAPICS XAR6 on an AS/400 iSeries 820.  We want to start
using the AS/400 job scheduler to run MPS and MRP planning runs.  Is
there a way to run these processes and pass all of the appropriate
parameters without user intervention?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug