Here is a working FTP CL.

0001.00              PGM

0002.00              OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(FTPLIB/FTPCL) +

0003.00                         ??MBR()

0004.00              OVRDBF     FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(FTPLIB/FTPCL)
MBR(GETOUT)
0005.00              CLRPFM     FILE(FTPLIB/FTPCL) MBR(GETOUT)

0006.00              FTP        RMTSYS(*INTNETADR)
INTNETADR('192.168.3.163')
0006.01              DSPPFM     FILE(FTPLIB/FTPCL) MBR(GETOUT)

0007.00              ENDPGM

When the member name prompt is displayed key in the name of the source
member that contains the FTP commands.  The IP address is for the FROM
AS/400 and the program is run on the TO AS/400

0001.00 FTPUSR FTPUSR

0002.00       GET transfer/pohist demtest/pohist (replace

0003.00 QUIT

The user profile FTPUSR must exist on the AS/400 that the file is being
sent from and the password must be FTPUSR.

Hope this helps.